Throw back to.... my previous, last blog entry (what?). Just read it.



So I think this is the last blog I posted before the internet took my blog down. I just re-read it and realised that the main thing that has changed is that a) I have a new car (eff you smug mechanic) and b) I now have > 900 friends on facebook which means that many people believe my happy bullshit posts. 

People on the internet: Hey Jacinta, what have you been doing for the last 2 years? Why no writing on the blogosphere mi amiga? 

Jacinta: Because contrary to popular belief sometimes cool bohemian cats such as myself have other stuff to do...like work...and be a sad sack after some insensitive mofo broke her little vintage heart. Don’t worry, I am back now. Back as a lesbian. A celibate one.

2 years in summary; life is still cool and I am still admired by those around me (well, all signs in my head point to this anyway). Also, I update my facebook status regularly to let people know how awesome I am and why they should admire me. I have also been taking many photos with unusual hues of light and oddly placed inanimate objects. I might post some soon.

The sad sackness really took over for like 4 wks (what about the other 2 yrs?) well, I was in love then so I didn’t need extracurricular hobbies because I dedicated my life to my boyfriend. It was super fulfilling. Now, I suspect my blog could fill this void. 

Let’s start with a good, old-fashioned rant. How about the editing of life on facebook (by me and everyone)? I mean for example, I have over 600 friends on facebook but I just wrote myself a list for my imaginary birthday party and there are only 11 people on it, including family... so that’s a starter for how perhaps facebook is an optimistic version of reality. If you go back in time through my status updates they would read something like this:

‘Holy shit I am so happy’
‘My life is AMAZING’
‘I am uber successful and very good looking’
‘I am hap hap hap hap HAPPY’
‘Life is great, look at me, I am a world-renowned traveller, scholar and poet’
‘I am happy’
‘I am very happy’
‘I am very (very) happy’

So, as I have recognised this lie to myself and those around me I have made myself a pledge to tell the truth more ....or to just say nothing.

Tonight’s example of truth: ‘I am moderately happy at this point in time due to having watched ‘Revenge’ tonight, however I am a bit concerned about my shit car and slightly pissed off at the seeming satisfaction taken by the mechanic today in telling me how shit it is (insert infuriating smugness ‘it is not even worth $800 and you should get a new one’)’

Ok, now I am going to sleep. Because I am training in the morning. I am a superb athlete. Of course I am. Lies, lies and more lies. Lying on the internet is too easy.






Popular Posts