Things I have learned so far being a mum…

Things I have learned so far being a mum…  

  1. Activewear. I was one of those people who wondered what everyone was doing drinking coffees in their activewear but now… I understand. I get up every morning and put on activewear to be ready at any moment when the boss baby says walking is happening. I end up wearing this all day. Plus or minus a bra. 
  2. Time. Now, I’m not saying I’m busier than I was when I was working..it’s a different kind of busy. Time has become this anxiety inducing thing where I never know how much I have…it’s all quite unrelaxing. I achieve almost nothing daily. This does not align well with my highly strung personality. 
  3. Coffee. I used to drive past mother’s drinking coffee at coffee shops on my way to work and think ‘oh that looks kinda nice’. Um no. It’s an attempt at normalcy but it’s not relaxing and it’s not as good as it looks. The boss baby can decide at any moment that your coffee is kaput. 
  4. Parks. I’ve started noticing parks now. Like with swings and stuff. Never ever, ever have I seen them before. I thought they were a thing of sitcoms and movies. Same goes for children and babies. I now think they are cute. Who knew. 
  5. Romance. No, just none. 
  6. Looking attractive. Nope, none of that either.
  7. Showering. So showering is an option…just not in the afternoons / evening when you actually smell bad and would love a shower.
  8. Online shopping. Breastfeeding late at night and online shopping go hand-in-hand. Both of these things are a whole new world for me. 
  9. Coles delivery. I didn’t like food shopping prior to having a baby. You couldn’t pay me to go into a supermarket now that I have one. Thank goodness for Coles. 
  10. Uber eats. Yes, yes, yes, yes. I don’t care if it costs $5 or $50 extra. I want a treat and I want it delivered to me ASAP. 
  11. Eating. I should have made this number 1. Eating on my own or not in a hurry. This is one of the biggest things I miss. I just scoff food down in short breaks. Boss baby intuitively knows these times and doesn’t like it. He wants me on a diet. ‘Well me too baby, but emotional eating is a real-life thing’. 
  12. Surfing. Miss the freedom of going surfing all weekend and before work. Now, it’s 20 minute slots when boss baby and my cheer squad allows it.
  13. Driving. Used to feel like freedom, now it feels like a breath holding activity where red lights and slow drivers are the enemy. Road rage is at an all time high ‘make a decision and make the turn mutha effer’. 
  14. Breastfeeding. Way more complicated than I anticipated. So much pressure on women to breastfeed (And birth naturally). I think luck plays a big part here so don’t be judgy. 
  15. Women. I have been welcomed into the ‘mother’s club’ by so many honest, caring, uplifting women around me and it’s probably one of the most beautiful things about becoming a mum…just how much other women will go out of their way to support you. Women rule and are basically amazing. Seriously.   


So um yeah… that’s all so far. 

Popular Posts